Solving your feed problems
Every bit counts when feed is scarce. Your day-to-day feeding practices can make the difference between a sick cow and a productive cow with a healthy rumen.
Good feeding management means:
- reducing feed wastage to stretch fodder reserves and lower your feed costs;
- allowing every animal access to the feed;
- High fibre by-products can be purchased to extend your fodder reserves. They are not a substitute for grain/concentrate
- feeding forages before grain/concentrate in the bail or feeding forages immediately after grain/ concentrate in the bail; and
- making changes to the diet gradually .